India’s tough response as China joins Trump in the Pakistani truce credit war: “No third party”
News Mania Desk /Piyal Chatterjee/2nd January 2026

Reiterating that no third party was engaged in the ceasefire decision, India has vehemently denied China’s allegations that it acted as a mediator between New Delhi and Islamabad during the armed war earlier this year. India has continuously insisted that bilateral discussions between the two nations’ Director General of Military Operations (DGMOs) led to the May 10 ceasefire that followed Operation Sindoor.
“We have already refuted such claims. On bilateral issues between India and Pakistan, there is no role for a third party. Our position has been clarified on several occasions in the past that the India-Pakistan ceasefire was agreed to directly between the DGMOs of the two countries,” the source told
The move follows Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi’s Donald Trump-like assertion that Beijing resolved a number of international disputes, including the May stalemate between India and Pakistan.
“This year, local wars and cross-border conflicts flared up more often than at any time since the end of WWII,” Wang Yi said at an event on Tuesday. “Following this Chinese approach to settling hotspot issues, we mediated in northern Myanmar, the Iranian nuclear issue, the tensions between Pakistan and India, the issues between Palestine and Israel, and the recent conflict between Cambodia and Thailand,” the Chinese foreign minister said.
Following US President Donald Trump, China is the most recent to assert that it put an end to India and Pakistan’s military confrontation this year. Although this was China’s first such assertion, Trump has made it a hundred times at press conferences, international forums, and even during meetings with foreign leaders.
China’s allegation, however, merely highlights its hypocrisy given that it was a staunch supporter of Pakistan and purportedly supplied military support throughout the three-day conflict. The fact that Chinese air defense systems failed when India attacked 11 military installations deep within Pakistan during the height of the conflict is a different story.
China’s involvement has also been questioned after senior Army General Rahul R. Singh claimed Beijing used the conflict as a “live lab” and provided Pakistan with real-time information.
“Pakistan was at the front. China was providing all possible support… In the last five years, 81% of the military hardware that Pakistan is getting is all Chinese. China is able to test its weapons against other weapons, so it’s like a live lab available to them,” he said at an event in Delhi.



